Charles Hegarty 1861-1861
Charles was the son of James Hegarty and Sarah nee Tuohy. Charles was one of ten children, nine of whom grew to adulthood. Their children were:
- Sarah born 1856, did not marry. Raised her niece Veronica Sarah [Vera] O’Farrell after the death of her mother.
- Mary born 1858, did not marry.
- Rosanna born 1859, married Benjamin O’Farrell in 1890. He was from one of the hotels in Bacchus Marsh. They had three children, the younger two died as infants and Vera was raised by Auntie Sarah. Her mother Rosanna died in Kensington in 1896.
- Charles born 1860 & died 1861 (above)
- Charles Francis born 1862, married Rosanna [Rose] Doherty, youngest daughter of James & Rose and sister of Hannah Love, nee Doherty. Charles & Rose had three sons – Frank, Joe and Kevin. Charles eventually went into partnership as a Stock & Station agent – O’Hagan & Hegarty. James Hegarty and James Doherty were close friends from boyhood growing up in Shrove in Ireland.
- Marion born 1863, entered the Sisters of St Joseph and became Sr Adrian.
- William born 1865, married Mary [Mollie] Farrelly and they had two children – Mary and Jim. William remained on the family farm, Parwan View, until his death.
- Walter born 1867 did not marry and became a freelance writer in Sydney.
- Ellen born 1870, did not marry and died at the age of 43.
- Adela born 1873 married a farmer from Tasmania and had two children.